EVICTION LEGAL SERVICES -Flat Fee $1,500 up to Eviction hearing
Representation/ What We will do for you. The legal work includes research, correspondence, preparation and drafting of pleadings and other legal documents, conferences in person and by telephone with you and with others, dictating and reviewing letters, negotiations, and any other related work or service to properly represent you in this matter. The Law Firm will provide legal representation through an attorney who is licensed to practice law in New Jersey.
We agree to provide conscientious, competent and diligent services on the issues you provided us at the initial consultation. At all times we will seek to achieve solutions, which are just and reasonable for you. We include:
1. Telephone call with client;
2. Office consultation with client if requested
3. Offer sound legal advice to client, plus access to our legal info website www.njlaws.com
4. Preparation of statement to provide legal services;
5. Opening of file and client may have free client case folder, brochures;
- Email Client Eviction Questionnaire/ form Complaint
-Prepare TENANCY SUMMONS AND RETURN OF SERVICE (R. 6:2-1)
-Assist client to complete Certification by Landlord
-Fill out Certification by Landlord's Attorney (Appendix XI-U)
-Prepare filing letter to Court
-Appearance in Superior Court if needed
If tenant refuses to vacate after hearing, will advise client on how to file for the Warrant for Removal with the constable, but will not prepare or file the actual paperwork unless retained/ paid additional fees after the court appearance
6. Review of necessary statutes and case law;
7. Review any miscellaneous correspondence from tenant or landlord
8. Review documents supplied by client and court;
9. Preparation of End of Case Letter and client questionnaire;
10. Free Brochures provided on other legal topics such as Worker's Comp, Wills, Personal Injury;
11. Free subscription to monthly e-mail newsletter. Provide your email address;
12. Follow up telephone advice. If you call, provide the specific questions with the message. Your Attorney on Retainer for the next year;
13. Invitation to client socials/ seminars and Community events via email;
14. Hold and maintain file for seven years in storage as free client service;
15. Free T-shirt, travel coffee mug, foam soda can holder and estate planning book. Please ask Ken V or staff upon retaining the office.
2. Legal Fees. The Law Firm cannot predict or guarantee what your final bill will be. This will depend on the time spent on your case and the amount of other expenses.
A. Fee for Flat fee services: The Law Firm will work on your case upon receipt of a fee in the amount of $1,500
3. Different / Other Legal Services. You and the Law Firm may make additional agreements to provide for legal services not covered by the Agreement. Without such agreements, the Law Firm is not required to do any of the following:
(a) Provide legal service not involving the dispute set forth in paragraph 1;
(b) Provide any legal services after the judgment of the trial court;
(c) Enforce any judgment or order of the trial court or Appeal;
(d) Represent you in any other court or Tribunal.
[We suggest a card number to be used as security if you request services outside the flat fee.] You permit bills to be submitted to you credit card company.
Credit card number: _______________________
Credit card company: ______________________ exp ___
4. Costs And Experts. In addition to legal fees, you must also pay the following costs and expenses; experts' fees, court costs, investigators' fees, deposition costs, messenger services, parking, telephone toll calls, and photocopying, and any other necessary expenses in this matter. The Law Firm may recommend that experts be retained directly by you. You would then be solely responsible to pay the experts. The experts usually require they be paid up front. Costs and expenses are not included in the flat fee for legal services.
5. Bills. All other bills for costs and legal expenses are due upon receipt. In the event any bills are not paid within ten (10 days), the Law Firm shall have the right to withdraw from representing you. Our minimum billing unit is 1/4 hour. This practice is necessary to adequately compensate for time expended in addition to brief contacts (such as telephone calls), which includes reviewing documents and preparing notes, and the mandatory file memoranda resulting from such brief contacts.
We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue legal fees and bills at the greater of 1.5% per month (eighteen (18%) per annum) or the highest rate allowed by law. The Retainer Fee is deposited into the business account. When the monthly bill is sent out, the monthly fee will be deducted from your retainer amount if you have a balance. If bills remain unpaid and collection efforts required, the firm will be entitled to collect an amount equal to the amount due, all court costs, plus 20% of the outstanding amount as a collection fee, pursuant to the case of First Morris Bank v Roland Offset Services 357 NJ Super. 68 (App. Div 2003). As set forth by the Court decision of Hrycak v Kiernan 367 NJ Super. 237 (App. Div. 2004) a reasonable attorney fee shall be paid if collection, fee arb or proceedings to enforce a fee arb are instituted.
6. Your Responsibility. You must fully cooperate with the Law Firm and provide all information relevant to the issues involved in this matter. You must also pay all bills as required by this Agreement. If you do not comply with these requirements, the Law Firm may ask the court for permission to withdraw from representing you. The Law Firm will also withdraw at your request.
-You must bring all your original papers connected to your case whenever you come to the law office, to court, deposition or other appearance where both you and your attorney will be present. You must notify the law office immediately if your address or phone numbers change.
-You must call the law office 24 hours prior to any court appearances or depositions to confirm they have not been adjourned.
- If possible, when you call the office and Mr. Vercammen is not in to take the call, leave your questions with the receptionist.
7. No Guarantee. The Law Firm agrees to provide conscientious, competent and diligent services and at all times will seek to achieve solutions which are just and reasonable for you. However, because of the uncertainty of legal proceedings, the interpretation and changes in the law and many unknown factors, attorneys cannot and do not warrant, predict or guarantee results or the final outcome of any case.