To schedule a confidential consultation, call (732) 572-0500
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C. 2053 Woodbridge Avenue - Edison, NJ 08817

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Docketing a Judgment

Docketing a Judgment
If you or a special civil part officer cannot collect the money due you on the judgment, you can
have the judgment from the Special Civil Part recorded in the Superior Court Clerk's Office in
Trenton. Once your judgment is recorded in the Superior Court, the debtor cannot sell with clear
title any real estate owned in New Jersey until your debt is paid.
To record a judgment, you should request a Statement for Docketing from the Clerk of the
Special Civil Part in the county where the case was heard. The Statement for Docketing must be
filed with the Clerk of the Superior Court, Richard J. Hughes Justice Complex, P.O. Box 971,
Trenton, N.J. 08625.
The fee for filing a Statement for Docketing is $10, payable to the Treasurer, State of New
Jersey. There is no fee in the Special Civil Part for issuing the statement. Once docketed, future
efforts to collect a judgment originally awarded in the Special Civil Part must be made through

the sheriff's office in the county where the debtor's assets are located.

No comments: