LEGAL SERVICES: FILING A JUDGMENT OBTAINED FROM A FOREIGN JURISDICTION
(Superior Court of New Jersey - Judgment Unit)
NJ Attorney will Prepare:
-AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF APPLICATION TO
RECORD A FOREIGN JUDGMENT IN NEW JERSEY
-Application to RECORD A FOREIGN JUDGMENT IN NEW JERSEY
NJ Attorney will SEND COMPLETED DOCUMENTS TO:
Judgment Processing Services
NJ Attorney will follow up with Judgment Processing Services
NJ Attorney will provide to client a filed Judgment
UP FRONT LEGAL FEE $1,500
These services do not include chasing debtors or post judgment work.
Other services available for a fee:
1: send a letter directly to the debtors wife and co owner of the house along the lines of demanding some level of payment
2; serve creditor with Information Subpoena
3. serve spouse with INFORMATION SUBPOENA AND WRITTEN QUESTIONS TO NON-PARTIES
4. Prepare Notice of Motion for Order Enforcing Litigant’s Rights
5. Prepare Certification in Support of Motion for Order Enforcing Litigant’s Rights
6. Prepare Order to Enforce Litigant’s Rights
Need from client:
1 AN EXEMPLIFIED (AUTHENTICATED) COPY OF THE FOREIGN JUDGMENT WITH THE SEAL OF THE ISSUING COURT AFFIXED THERETO. [original with raised seal]
2. Client or attorney to Fill out details needed for NJ attorney to finish
I, ________________________, of full age, being duly sworn according to law, upon my oath hereby depose and say: (Enter required information; use
additional paper, if necessary)
1. I am the [judgment creditor] [attorney for the judgment creditor] in a lawsuit captioned ____________________, plaintiff, v. _________________, defendant in the _______________________________________(name of court) of the State [Commonwealth] of ____________________________(name of state or commonwealth) and am seeking to record (docket) said judgment in the State of New Jersey.
2. Attached to this affidavit is an authenticated (exemplified) copy of the judgment from the State [Commonwealth] of _________________________(name of state entering judgment) wherein judgment was entered against _______________________ (judgment debtor’s name) in the amount of $ __________________ (dollar amount) on ___________________ (date entered).
3. The judgment creditor’s name is ___________________________(name of the creditor) and resides [is located] at _______________________________________________ (street and street number, city and state of the creditor).
4. The judgment debtor is known to me as ______________________ (debtor’s name) and was last known to reside [be located] at ____________________________ (street name and number) in the [City][Township][Borough] of ______________________ (name of city, town or borough), County of __________________ (name of county) and State of New Jersey (zip code).
5. The time to appeal the judgment in the State [Commonwealth] of _______________________________ (name of foreign state) has expired.
6. The courts of the State [Commonwealth] of __________________________ (name of foreign state) have not granted a stay of execution of said judgment.
7. The foreign judgment [was][was not] entered by default. (If the foreign judgment was entered by default, cite the court rule for vacating defaults and attach a copy of the cited court rule). If judgment by default, then add: Under the relevant statutes and rules of court, the date for vacating the default expired on _______________________(insert date) without the judgment debtor moving to vacate the same. Signature of judgment creditor or judgment creditor’s attorney
The affidavit must set forth:
A. The name and last known address of the creditor;
B. The name and last known address of the debtor;
C. The date and amount of the judgment;
D. Whether the time to appeal the foreign judgment has expired in the court of origin;
E. Whether the court of origin has granted a stay; and
F. Whether or not the foreign judgment was entered by default. If the foreign judgment was entered by default, the affidavit must indicate the date under the rules of the court of origin for vacating the default with a copy of the cited court rule.
3. A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO TREASURER, STATE OF NEW JERSEY IN THE AMOUNT OF $35.00