To schedule a confidential consultation, call (732) 572-0500
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C. 2053 Woodbridge Avenue - Edison, NJ 08817

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Constructive Levy in NJ

Constructive Levy in NJ
If the vehicle is locked inside a garage or if the Special Civil Part Officer chooses, with the consent of the judgment debtor and the judgment creditor’s attorney or the judgment creditor, if they do not have an attorney, the Officer can leave the motor vehicle in the possession of the judgment debtor. The Special Civil Part Officer then sends or delivers the Notice to Debtor to the judgment debtor, judgment creditor or judgment creditor’s attorney if they have an attorney, and to the Special Civil Part Clerk’s Office and files the above-mentioned SS-55 form and a copy of the goods and chattel execution with the Motor Vehicle Commission. The Motor Vehicle 

Commission will then record the judgment creditor’s levy for 24 months precluding the judgment debtor from selling or giving away their motor vehicle during that period of time. 

No comments: